The estate was built in the town of Nagykónyi in 1904, belonging to the wealthiest farmer.  For more than a hundred years it was a functioning farming establishment, before it was remodeled to serve as a hotel, for guests wishing to rest and relax at the foot of the Tolna hills in the peaceful and serene Hungarian countryside, just 20 minutes from Lake Balaton, and next-door to famed Hungarian thermal waters.